Friday, December 18, 2015

Where has the Time Gone?

Christmas is in exactly one week away. I have no idea where the time has gone! I remember when I was little it felt like eternity until Christmas was here. I would start counting down the days in July for when Christmas would come. Now it sneaks up and its so unexpected. Nothing is ready for Christmas and its already a week away.  While I was thinking about this, I realized that I am not getting any younger and time will continue to go by fast, and I don't want to miss out on something amazing.


We all have goals and things we want to achieve in life, but like everyone else I love to procrastinate. I put off all of my goals. At the beginning of every year when I make my New Year resolutions, I always have such huge plans for the upcoming year. But once the year starts I begin to procrastinate all of the amazing things I had planned. I just push them aside and tell myself maybe next week I'll work on that. Sooner than I know, its already the end of the year and all of the goals that I made at the beginning of 2015 have been left untouched. 

Another thing I've realized about time is that we don't appreciate the people in our lives enough. A little over a year ago, my grandma passed away... I hadn't seen her for over a year before she died. Now that she's gone, I've realized that I put it off for way too long to see the people I care about and actually take time out of my day to spend even a little bit of time with them. 

So all I can say is that time is passing quickly by and none of us are getting any younger. We should pursue our goals and not push them aside for late. And most important spend time with your loved ones today. Don't wait until its too late.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great topic to post at the end of one year and the beginning of another Ashley! I think I could use it again in June when I run out of steam for finishing those goals I made in January! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr? I think I could hear this all year round :)

      Delete
  2. (oh, yikes. this is pretty late) but merry christmas to you! yes, time has literally whizzed past. can you believe it's going to be the new year in just a few days time? that's insane, really.

    and oh yes, so many times we forget to stop and smell the flowers - to appreciate those around us. so many times we just take them for granted. life really gets the better of us, doesn't it?

    here's to a great 2016! another year to learn more and love more! <3
    XXX -nameless writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I totally relate Ashley. And although I wish I had no idea what you where talking about, it's helpful to know I'm not alone. Such a good reminder to seize the day!
    Blessings,
    -Elissa
    letters-to-jayna.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley