Friday, February 6, 2015

Judging vs. Accepting

As Christians we are going to be constantly around people who are going to try to talk us into doing things that we don't believe in doing or we are going to be around people who live a lifestyle that we don't agree with. This is when you have to make the decision if you are going to judge the person or accept them. Now the right choice would to accept the person for who they are, whether they are living the way the Bible wants them to or not. We need to accept everyone. Just because we accept people does not mean that we accept their actions. I have many friends who live lifestyles that I don't agree with. I accept them as a person and won't judge them for what they do, but it doesn't mean that I agree with what they are doing with their life. I am still a friend to them. Because if you are judgemental to those who don't live a Biblical lifestyle, most likely you won't be friends with them. You could miss out on an amazing opportunity to share Jesus with them. So for those people in your life that you don't agree with what they are doing, don't judge them. Accept them as a person, and always be prepared to share Jesus with them, when the opportunity arises.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! This is a question that I think a lot of Christians struggle to answer. If we aren't being judgmental, it's easy to feel like we're compromising our convictions about the truth. But I think the world is starving for genuine kindness, love and acceptance and that's not something you can find outside of Jesus. I think ultimately we have to remember that when we extend kindness and love toward sinners, we also need to be prepared to give the reason for the hope that is in us, doing it with gentleness and respect.

    Thanks again! I'm new to your blog, but I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future. God bless!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! We are sinners as well so we shouldn't judge people just because they do different sins than us.

      Delete

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley