Monday, January 26, 2015

The First Commandment

You shall have no other gods before Me.

This is the first commandment that God gave us. Now you might be saying to yourself that you don't worship any other gods except for Jesus. This commandment does still apply to those who don't even worship any other gods. The term gods in this verse doesn't just mean a legit god. It means anything that comes before or in the place of Jesus. I feel like this is a very big one today. So many people put so many different things before or in the place of their spiritual life. I am also guilty of doing this at times. When it is time to read your Bible or pray, but you just really don't feel like it so you decide to go hang out with your friends, or go on the internet. Anything that comes in the place or before your time with Jesus would be a god to you. Now I am definitely not pointing fingers because I am oh so guilty of doing this myself. One of my new year resolutions is to strengthen my relationship with God. One thing that I found helpful to keep your time with God is to make it a habit and add it to part of your routine during the day. If you have more time in the morning, make a set time where you will read your Bible and just talk to God. It doesn't have to be this 5 hour long prayer, it can be 5 minutes. Just find a place to begin and start. Once you start putting God before so many other things, you will see such a growth in your spiritual life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley