Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hold Your Head Up High

I've been asked so many times how I am so confident. Everywhere I walk I hold my head up high (I don't walk like I'm stuck-up) and walk with confidence. Confidence is not something that you just automatically have. It is something that you have to work on and pretty much learn. I never used to be as confident as I am. I used to worry all the time what people would say or think about me. For so many years I lived my life asking myself what would others think about me if I did/said something. It was so tiring constantly on the lookout for if someone was judging me.

The past year has definitely been a change for me. I found out who I wanted to be and decided I would not let anyone stand in the way of the person I wanted to be. I told myself if someone had a problem with who I was becoming that they needed to accept me for who I was.

I realized after I became more confident in myself, if someone said something to me it didn't even affect me. Now when I go into a public place everyone can tell that I am confident in myself and they are cool with that. People can tell if you are confident. If you are happy and confident with the person you are most people will be too.


Now I am in no way saying that you should become full or yourself and have the attitude that you are amazing and anyone who thinks otherwise should get lost. Absolutely not. That is close to being stuck-up. There is a difference between being confident with yourself and thinking that you are better than others. My advice for keeping the difference between the both, is still treat everyone with respect and the way God would want you to treat others.

2 comments:

  1. You're smart, because there's definitely a fine line between being confident and being cocky, and it makes all the difference in how you treat people! You go, Glen Coco!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley