Sunday, April 17, 2016

Family Matters

Many teenagers today are basically taught to hate their parents and family. Who wants to have controlling parents? Why should we listen to them? These questions go through every single teenagers head. Me too. Growing up I constantly thought I knew more than my parents. Why would they try to ruin all of my fun, when I'm just trying out new things?

Now I am 19 and living on my own. I rarely get to see my family, and sometimes I do get lonely. Lately my entire attitude about family and parents have changed. I'm actually realizing that my parents did not best all of these years. Yes, it may have been a downer not being able to do specific things growing up, but now that I'm an adult and making my own decisions I just want to have my parents straight up tell me what I have to do. Does that every happen? No. I have to make my own decisions.

As I get older, I've come to respect my parents and their opinions. And I also have realized that they are smarter than me and do understand what I am going through. All parents were our age once. The situations may have been different, but they were all once teenagers. So next time you are ready to fight or argue with your parents, just sit back and think.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I totally understand and agree with everything you said in this post. I just couldn't agree more. I think we all pass through that stage in our lives where we think we can make our own decisions and we are wiser because we are younger but I have come to realise that maturity and wisdom comes with experience and that is something some of us young people fail to understand. Having parents who care about you so much as to try and correct when you are going astray is one of the best gifts anyone can ever have. We need to cherish it more and listen and respect our parents. This was such a lovely post to read. Thanks for sharing.

    Please do check out my blog.
    Joanny :)
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley