Saturday, June 1, 2013

Standards

So I was talking to one of my friends on this topic today. Today in this day and age I've realized that girls are slowly lowering their standards and boundaries. Especially in the guy department. Girls are now slowly lowering their standards on what they want in a guy (future boyfriend/husband). I think it is so sad to see so many of my friends fall for guys who are not Christians because they have lowered their standards to non Christian men. Those people then end up falling away from God. Yes, I've heard the argument I will witness to him and he will get saved. I'm very sorry to say that most of the time the women leave the church and stop living for God. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says: Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness? This verse says not to be yoked together with unbelievers. Yoked means married, dating, or any kind of serious relationship with a person. I have decided that I will not lower my standards on my future spouse. That special man will come along and he will fit every single standard that I have. My main standard for my future spouse is that he is going to be a very strong Christian.

What do you look for in a future spouse?

5 comments:

  1. Above everything else, I my future husban dto love God more than he loves me. I want him to be 100% sold out to God. These kind of guys are really hard to find, but I know there is one for me out there.... somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is really good! I want my future husband to just serve God with all of his heart and put God first.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is disappointing to see these girls just going with whoever, Christian or not. Hopefully, I'll remember to always have high standards! You, too, hon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the main thing I am praying for in my future husband is that he will be a spiritual leader. I couldn't ever marry someone who I felt like I had to lead spiritually, or lead at all. I wan him to be a strong leader of me, my family and our relationships with God. I also look for a guy who demonstrates the fruits of the spirit. I pray those verses over my future husband quite frequently.

    In His Service,
    Hannah Boyd
    shesagoodytwoshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave as many comments as you want to on my posts. I love comments! Please keep the comments clean or I will not publish them.
Thanks!
♥Ashley